The links below contain information about who is legible to apply for either a license to carry a firearm or a Firearm Identification Card, as well as the process used by the City of Woburn Police Department to issue a Firearm Identification Card or a License to Carry a Firearm.
A schedule of fees that are set by the state is also included.
Procedure to Apply for a FID or a License to Carry
Fees for FID or License to Carry
Summary of the Massachusetts Gun Control Law
Firearms Change of Address Form
We often receive requests for information about other firearms licenses and transactions that are under the control of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety.
If you have questions about:
- non-MA residents who are US citizens obtaining a License to Carry,
- non-US citizens who are MA residents who wish to obtain a FID card,
- how to appeal the denial of an application to obtain a firearm license or permit,
- how to find a Firearm Safety Course near you,
- or how to transfer ownership of a firearm, please follow the link below:
Many of the transactions on the state Firearms Forms page can safely and secured can be accomplished on-line.
Link to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Firearms Forms web page
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact :
Maureen Garrity at 781-932-4510 x888 or email Maureen Garrity