A sequestering agent is used to prevent iron and manganese from depositing in the distribution system.
A combination of sequestering agents provides a mixture that manages the PH, Iron and Manganese that are inherent in the wells. This adjustment when in contact with the MWRA water, will result in minimized discoloration of the water.
Supply of Water
The city's water supply comes from an underground aquifer within the Horn Pond area. This series of wells, delivers approximately 60% of the city's daily supply, the remaining 40% is supplied by the MWRA.
The Water Department installs and maintains the water distribution system network throughout the city, and provides coordination of the flushing programs, water main cleaning and relining projects, domestic water main tap installations, hydrant flow testing and water main pressure tests.
Cross Connection Control and You